Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dog Days

It is getting to be that point in the summer where nothing out of the ordinary is happening. It has been ultra hot & humid, which tends to kill any desire to do anything outside. Last weekend we went to Paige's first birthday party, saw the new Batman movie, and met some friends for brunch. The highlight this week will be on Friday when we go and sign our daycare contract. We were able to get into the daycare we really, really, really, really, really wanted. It is an in-home daycare in Portage and we are soooo excited to have Emerson go there. I wasn't necessarily thinking I would ever be excited to send Emerson to daycare, but Karie (who runs the daycare) is really quite phenomenal and I know Emerson will be in the best (other than ours of course) hands. There is also another baby who was born 4 days after Emerson, so we're glad she'll have a playmate her own age. The official daycare start date is August 28, which is when I am forced to report back to work. Actually, I am really ready to go back. In other upcoming news...the worst, part II will take place next Tuesday - Emerson goes in for round two of immunizations. I'm still looking to secure some Xanax for myself. Pray for us.


1 year old Paige. Her mom Allison is so crafty it is nearly nauseating. I am commissioning her to live at my house for the month of March for interior design, scrap booking, and cake making purposes. Even if it requires kidnapping. Also, Paige is the original owner of 97% of Emerson's ultra cute wardrobe, so again, many thanks to Allison & Paige.

Everything goes in the mouth - in this case the ABC puppy.

Now that she can roll, she has become a stomach sleeper.

The official 16 week photo.

Emily (Paige's big sister) & Emerson.

One of the 15 runner up 16 week photos.

This exceptionally large moth greeted me this morning when I opened the living room curtains. He is still perched on our screen. A fine specimen of a moth.

1 comment:

Alyjean said...

It was great seeing you guys too - and no kidnapping necessary, if you want me to help with Emerson's first birthday cake, I would be honored.

BTW - not an elephant Emerson has in her mouth, it is the infamous ABC puppy.