Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

I received the much anticipated 5:15 am wake up call from my coworker telling me to go back to bed and enjoy the Christmas break. Oh, shucks. We are in the midst of a winter storm that has dropped about 5" of snow (with some freezing rain mixed in) as of the moment and it is continuing to snow throughout the day. So, now our Christmas break has been extended to two weeks and one day. I am so happy about that.

I received this wintry arrangement from my parents - actually I received it twice. The florist delivered it to our neighbors last Saturday and again Monday night. So, we have one to enjoy in the dining room and one in the living room.

Yesterday when I dropped Emerson off at daycare, Karie told me that she wouldn't be there when we picked Emerson up because she was taking the older kids to the mall to the Build a Bear store for their Christmas presents. I am sure that Josh, Landon, Kayla, and Matthew had such a good time and I thought that was such a nice thing for her to do for them. Emerson, Brynley, and Kendall stayed back with Jackie, but they received their gifts earlier in the day (which we are told that Emerson had a great time opening hers). Karie got Emerson a Leap Frog Learning table that she loves - it has all sorts of musical instruments on it for her to play with, it sings the ABC's, counts to ten and all sorts of other fun stuff. We thought this was such a thoughtful thing for Karie to do. We will add that the the other hundreds of reasons that we love Ms. Karie.


When she took a break from the new toy, she decided to work on rearranging her bookshelf (again) ...Notice how she is trying to step onto the books on the floor to reach the higher shelves. Trouble.

1 comment:

Alyjean said...

That is the coolest toy! What a nice present. Happy Snow day!