Saturday, September 11, 2010

Labor Day

We spent the final leisurely day of summer at my uncle's cottage with my parents, brother and aunt & uncle from California. Then, Tuesday was back to reality - waking up to an alarm clock, getting myself and two kids ready by 6:30 am, getting them to daycare, getting to work on time, and spending my day with 100 kids that aren't mine (thankfully!). Overall, things went smoothly - my classes/students seem to be good - at least most of them; hopefully the others will be tolerable. The sixth graders are an interesting change in my day & I found out yesterday, that there is at least one hugger in the mix, and a surprise hugger at that. I've never had that before...it's quite strange. Only a few surprises this week - Tuesday I came home to a knocked over patio umbrella and a completely shattered (into thousands of tiny little pieces) table, so that was a warm welcome from the first day back. Yesterday, I picked Emerson up from daycare only to find we needed to go to the pediatrician because she had a goopy eye, which has exiled us for the weekend. And, since her recheck appointment for her ear tubes, she now needs a tiny surgery (on Tuesday) to patch the holes in her eardrums that aren't healing on their own.

Photos from last week:

My uncle crafted a boat with rows (although, I am sure there is a more eloquent name for it that I don't know) and he gave Ryan a demonstration as to how to use it.
Helped him get in
I spy with my little eye - how cute, a little rear view mirror.

And sent him off.


And hoped he didn't capsize or crash. You can't tell from this picture, but he's actually going backwards towards that raft. A near miss!

Emerson occupied herself with the sand - as always putting handfuls of it back into the water.


Grant snoozed And worked on some geography


And now, just some random ones:
Emerson and her sunglasses (that we end up looking for every day)

And peanut butter - starts off as a peanut butter sandwich and ends up as a peanut butter facial. Every single time.



He has a handful of baths left in this little baby tub - he is almost too big for it. Hopefully, he masters sitting soon and he can join Emerson in the tub.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


1 comment:

Alyjean said...

Seriously CUTE KIDS. And I think you should market the whole peanut butter facial thing.