Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Although the weather was rainy and windy, I had a fabulous first mother's day. Emerson slept until 7:30 and Ryan & I both got naps in while Emerson took her afternoon nap. That was what I told Ryan I wanted for mother's day - a nap and to sleep through the night! Our friends Brian & Shannon and their son Will came over in the evening to give us this hideous wooden bird that nicely complements the three legged pig they had given us a few years ago (they like to find odd things to give us). Both are currently displayed inside of our entertainment center. Now the challenge is to find something even more hideous to give them..... it is a good thing our neighborhood garage sales are this weekend. All six of us went out for a nice dinner.........at Steak & Shake. Not even kidding; we have very few non smoking restaurants here in Kalamazoo and Steak & Shake happens to be one (of maybe a total of three). And finally, as my real mother's day gift, Ryan got me a very beautiful necklace that has both my birthstone and Emerson's. It is perfect - Ryan always does such a good job!!

In other news, I started back at school this past week. I'm taking one class online right now, so I've added that to the mix of my 'housewife' duties. I'll take another independent study class from WMU that starts at the end of June and then take my final class starting in September; I'll have my master's done in December - thank God!

Emerson got together with Sophia (and Charlie) twice last week- or actually I got together with Missy and Emerson & Sophia were also there, unbeknownst to them - for a walk at the Celery Flats and a barbecue at our house. Both still oblivious to the other even though they are friends..

No comments: