Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It has happened.....

Just as predicted, Emersons cord fell off yesterday. There was nothing ceremonious about it - I was changing her and lifted up her onesie and it just fell out. It was actually kind of gross. Now that that is gone, we're just waiting for her belly button to fully seal so that we can have some fun with her in the bathtub!
As a continuation of my 'confession' yesterday, I thought that I would add that although I do miss some things about being pregnant (which actually surprised me and if you were to ask me two weeks ago, I would not have anticipated missing a single thing), I would not trade having Emerson for anything. We are so fortunate to have such a fine specimen of a daughter and are able to enjoy her much more outside of the womb! So far, she is doing super; she sleeps well, eats well, and is always curiously looking around. She is even holding her head up a bit.

Sleeping off a milk binge

This is my favorite - falling asleep after eating

Enjoying some time in her swing





3 comments:

Alyjean said...

She is so cute. Can't wait to see her!

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Emerson is beautiful...congratulations! Are you guys coming to town this weekend?

Joanna said...

And the fun continues!