Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Confession

Ryan's cousin has a blog and last week was soliciting confessions. Here is mine: I miss being pregnant. Not the first trimester nausea, not the second trimester exhaustion, or the third trimester insomnia. What I miss is watching my little baby bump grow into a big baby bump. I miss feeling the first little flutters grow into strong kicks. I miss hearing her hearbeat on the doppler at the doctor appointments. Silly enough, I think I miss waddling.


In other news (which is very sad to me, but not likely anyone else), Emerson's umbilical cord is just barely hanging on and will most likely completely fall off within the day. It is sad to me to see that cord that once connected us for nine months just fall off. She is growing up so fast.






One of our first outings; fortunately the weather has been nice, so we've been able to get out most days.


She just keeps getting cuter with each day.







2 comments:

The Beck Family said...

Our confession:

Lately, we've been regretting that we didn't name our children Kenneth and Kendra.

No seriously, any woman who's been pregnant would tell you it's hard to become two. You know you can never go back to the newness of the first pregnancy. However, they only get better with age. They are a constant source of entertainment.

Alyjean said...

Ooo - is that cousin me? :) Julie, I so feel the same way. And you KNOW I had awful pregnancies - but I sure do miss having the closeness that you can only feel being pregnant. But, on the flipside...I LOVE the fact that as Emily and Paige's Mommy, I can totally smother them with about 10,000 kisses and hugs everyday - and even get some in return. And that, you cannot do while caring that baby in utero. Each day just gets better and better.