Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Week, Another visit to the Doctor's Office

Saturday:
We spent the morning doing some shopping and spent the afternoon at home. I had to chaperon the homecoming dance at school from 8:00 - 11:00, which may have been one of the worst decisions of my life. I did not volunteer to take part in this activity to be nice or to help out. It is one of the activities I can do for my 60 hour internship for my class. If not for that, I certainly would've stayed home. Nothing like spending a Saturday night in a cafeteria with a bunch of dancing, sweating, and hormonal high schoolers. It was just gross.


Note the red knees - she had been army crawling all over the house for most of the afternoon.



Sunday:
We went out for our first hike with Emerson - it was most likely the last day in the 80's for the year.




Monday & Tuesday:

Very normal work days.



Tuesday night:

Emerson was awake (therefore Ryan & I were awake) screaming starting at 1:00 and continuing through the night. Karie (daycare) called me around noon to let me know that Emerson's eye had started looking goopy, but otherwise was fine and eating okay. Super; so I call the pediatrician's office to see if they had any appointments available for the afternoon and luckily they did at 4:10. And then I let Ryan know because it is his day to pick her up, and thus, take her to the doctor. He was about as excited as me. The diagnosis: her pink eye was attempting a come back and she has an ear infection. Also, according to Dr. Paige, it is perfectly normal to be in his office frequently during the first year. Considering we had been there once a week for the last three weeks, this is a bit of a relief, but I certainly don't want to be there again any time soon.
So, I took today off and this is how we spent our day:

Laundry
On the edge of her seat for Baby Einstein.

1 comment:

The Beck Family said...

I could just eat her up she's so cute. You have to promise to stop in on your next east bound trip on I-94. We miss you guys...